Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Holiday Art Show Is Here!


Block prints by William Cauthern
This is April, taking a short break from my busy week to tell you about our Holiday Art and Gift Show. I am currently accepting and hanging artwork by 27 artists from across the state in our most popular annual exhibit. We have kicked Eric out of Room 101 and have begun transforming it into a wonderland of art and gifts! I know what you are thinking… Room 101? That room with no windows and green carpet on the walls? No way! You really must see it to believe it. It will look great.

Curating, hanging, and showing art off to the world is one of my favorite parts of this job. It is not easy, but very rewarding. And this week I not only get the chance to do this here at work, I get to do it at home as well! I am preparing my home studio to present my art in the East Austin Studio Tour. So my evenings look a lot like my daytime hours right now: inventorying art, labeling art, making price lists, hanging art on the walls. Whew! I am tired.

Music boxes by Una Lau

A recycled glass bottle by Sue Ducett Lloyd 
Tie Dye Scarves by Theron Parker





















I bet you are wondering, "When and where can I see all of this great art and compliment April on all of her hard work?"
Water bottles and wine bags
featuring artwork by Brian Dodd

Well, here are the details:

VSA Texas 2015 Holiday Art and Gift Show
3710 Cedar Street, Room 101 in the AGE of Central Texas Building, Austin, TX 78705
November 16 – December 23, 2015 from 9:30 – 5:00 pm M-F
Opening Reception November 19th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Artist Reception December 13th from 2:00 – 5:00 pm


Yarn Paintings by April Sullivan
Stop #8 on the East Austin Studio Tour
5407B Westminster Drive
Austin, TX 78723
November 14 & 15, 21 & 22, from 11-6 each day
Find more information here: east.bigmedium.org

Come on in!
My studio is ready for the tour.

Fall in Love -
a yarn painting by me

No comments:

Post a Comment